Town of Bluffton Preparing for Hurricane Florence
Thursday, September 13th, 2018
The Town of Bluffton has several cancellations and announcements due to Hurricane Florence that coincide with the mandatory evacuation Governor McMaster announced earlier today. All Town of Bluffton Offices are closed until further notice.
· The mandatory evacuation of the coastal counties, to include Beaufort and Jasper Counties, also includes the evacuation and closing of hospitals and nursing home facilities. As a result, medical care options will be severely limited for the duration of the evacuation order.
· Town of Bluffton Municipal Court scheduled for Tuesday, September 11, 2018 is canceled. All cases will be rescheduled. Bluffton Municipal Court staff members will be sending summons to all defendants with a rescheduled court date. If you have questions, please call Town of Bluffton Clerk of Court, Lisa Cunningham at 843-706-4508 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Town of Bluffton 9/11 Commemoration Ceremony schedule for Tuesday, September 11, 2018 is canceled.
· The Town of Bluffton’s waste and recycling routes will be suspended beginning today and will not resume until after the storm.
· All public schools in Beaufort County will be closed until further notice. Bluffton officials urge that all residents make preparations NOW, before the storm, to ensure the safety of everyone.